Waterloo Station is an underground station, located about 25 metres below ground level, in the heart of the Waterloo precinct.
Main station features
The new metro station at Waterloo helps revitalise the Waterloo precinct and supports the extension of the CBD.
- Provides a high quality connection with bus services along Botany Road
- Provides additional connectivity to Australian Technology Park and Redfern Station
- Contributes to the NSW Government objective to transform Waterloo and Redfern
- Allows further development and expansion of the Global Economic Corridor between the Sydney CBD and Green Square.
The station includes:
- New pedestrian crossings on Raglan and Cope streets
- New taxi, kiss and ride bays and bike parking on Cope Street
- New on-road marked cycle link on Raglan Street
- Existing bus stops retained northbound along Botany Road
- Relocation of the bus stops southbound on Botany Road closer to Raglan Street
- Relocation of the bus stops on Cope Street to Botany Road
- Traction substation integrated into the station building
- Enhancement of pedestrian infrastructure around the station is being investigated further in consultation with the CBD Coordination Office, Roads and Maritime Services and City of Sydney Council.
Access and entry
Station access and entry is via Corner of Raglan and Cope streets.
The station is located between Botany Road and Cope Street, Raglan Street and Wellington Street.
Indicative travel time (from 2024):
- 2 minutes to Central Station
- 6 minutes to Sydney Metro’s Martin Place Station.
Construction activities include:
- Removing spoil
- Constructing the station.
Monthly update - Waterloo Station - July 2019
PDF | 521.03 KB
Monthly update - Waterloo Station - June 2019
PDF | 521.07 KB
Monthly update - Waterloo Station - May 2019
PDF | 522.32 KB
Newsletter - Waterloo Station - April 2019
PDF | 2.17 MB
Notification - Tunnelling - Monitoring device installation - Waterloo
PDF | 256.7 KB