Artist's impression of Sydney Olympic Park metro station
Sydney Olympic Park metro station
Explore this page
Main station features
A metro station at Sydney Olympic Park will reinforce its status as Australia’s premier events, sporting and entertainment precinct, supporting the transit of more than 10 million people who visit or stay each year.
Sydney Olympic Park metro station will be located to the south of the existing Olympic Park Station. The station will provide easy interchange with the planned Parramatta Light Rail, the T7 Olympic Park Line and buses.
Access and entry
The station will sit to the east of Olympic Boulevard with the main station entrances between Herb Elliot Avenue and Figtree Drive and off Dawn Fraser Avenue.
Station excavation and tunnelling
In July 2021, Sydney Metro awarded Acciona Construction Australia Pty Ltd and Ferrovial Construction (Australia) Pty Ltd Joint Venture the contract to deliver 11 kilometres of twin metro rail tunnels between Sydney Olympic Park and The Bays.
At Sydney Olympic Park AFJV work includes:
- site establishment and demolition – installing hoarding, demolishing buildings, protecting and/or relocating utilities, transport network modifications, conducting investigations, installing staff facilities and services to the construction site, installing piles and initial excavation
- excavating the station box – to a depth of 30 metres (approximately 10 storeys)
- retrieving two tunnel boring machines from the excavated station box
- removing excavated material – via trucks.
In February 2022, Sydney Metro awarded Gamuda Australia and Laing O’Rourke Consortium (GLC) the contract to deliver nine kilometres of twin metro rail tunnels between Westmead and Sydney Olympic Park.
GLC works includes:
- retrieving two tunnel boring machines from the excavated station box and returning by road to Clyde to be relaunched to Westmead
Sydney Metro has commenced planning for over and adjacent station development at Sydney Olympic Park, by lodging a Scoping Report with the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment.
The Environmental Impact Statement for over and adjacent station development at Sydney Olympic Park metro station is currently under assessment.
Clyde Stabling and Maintenance Facility
North Strathfield metro station