Artist's impression of Sydney International Speedway
Sydney International Speedway
The NSW Government has delivered a world class speedway within Western Sydney Parklands’ Precinct 5: Eastern Creek Motor Sports. This is an exciting addition to the existing motorsport precinct and creates a Motorplex destination for international, national and local racing events.
The new speedway supports tourism in Western Sydney, bringing in interstate and overseas competitors, crews and spectators.
The previous speedway site, located on NSW Government-owned land at Clyde, is required to house a future stabling and maintenance facility for the Sydney Metro West project, a State significant project for New South Wales.
Key features include:
- a new world-class clay-based racetrack for both speedway cars and motorcycles including sprint, wingless sprint, street stockers, V8 dirt modified and Formula 500 cars
- a new grandstand and terraced seating to accommodate up to 7000 spectators
- public amenities, corporate boxes, food, beverage and merchandise outlets
- dedicated parking for speedway competitors and spectators
- additional overflow parking with flexibility to be used for dragway events
- dual access to the precinct by creating new vehicle access to the speedway pit area via a new intersection built off Ferrers Road
- a dedicated competitor pit area to service the speedway
- workshops, garages and trackside support services.
To find out more about the current operations, visit Eastern Creek Speedway.
Hunter Street Station