The NSW Government is delivering a world class speedway within Western Sydney Parklands’ Precinct 5: Eastern Creek Motor Sports which will be an exciting addition to the existing motorsport precinct and create a Motorplex destination for international, national and local racing events.
The project will boost investment in Western Sydney and support the local economy by creating about 150 construction jobs.
The new speedway will be a key contributor to the NSW economy and support tourism in Western Sydney, bringing in interstate and overseas competitors, crews and spectators.
The current speedway site, located on Government-owned land at Clyde, is required to house a future stabling and maintenance facility for the Sydney Metro West project, a State significant project for New South Wales.
Sydney Metro has worked closely with the NSW Office of Sport and Western Sydney Parklands Trust in planning for the new speedway and consulted with motorsport operators, including Sydney Dragway.
• A new world-class clay-based racetrack for both speedway cars and motorcycles including sprint, wingless sprint, street stockers, V8 dirt modified and Formula 500 cars
• A new grandstand and terraced seating to accommodate up to 7000 spectators
• Public amenities, corporate boxes, food, beverage and merchandise outlets
• Dedicated parking for speedway competitors and spectators
• Additional overflow parking with flexibility to be used for dragway events
• Dual access to the precinct by creating new vehicle access to the speedway pit area via a new intersection built off Ferrers Road
• A dedicated competitor pit area to service the speedway
• Workshops, garages and trackside support services.
This project has been approved by the Minister for Planning and Public Spaces. Further information is available here. Major work to build the speedway will be undertaken in 2021. This follows minor works to prepare and establish the site.
The Sydney International Speedway is expected to be operational by the start of the speedway racing season in 2021.
To learn more about the project, please visit the speedway virtual information room.
Notification - Eastern Creek - Speedway construction
PDF | 255.42 KB
Notification - Speedway - Early work and construction
PDF | 233.43 KB
Notification Speedway Site Establishment - Early Works
PDF | 293.3 KB