In December 2019, the NSW Government announced the relocation of speedway racing to Western Sydney Parklands’ Precinct 5: Eastern Creek Motor Sports. The speedway would be an exciting addition to the existing motorsport precinct, creating a true motorplex for the New South Wales and Australian motorsport racing community.
The new Sydney International Speedway would provide the community and racing supporters with a unique sporting facility that would cater for local, regional, national, and international racing events while continuing to support the growth of speedway racing in NSW.
Sydney Metro would construct the new speedway on land owned and managed by Western Sydney Parklands Trust.
The multi-million dollar Sydney International Speedway project will create about 50 construction-related jobs.
Work is due to start later this year and is expected to be completed by the start of the speedway racing season in September 2021.
- A new world class clay-based racetrack for both speedway vehicles and motorcycles
- A new grandstand
- More public amenities, corporate boxes, food, beverage and merchandise outlets
- New dedicated parking for speedway competitors and spectators
- Additional overflow parking
- New vehicle access to the raceway pit area via a new intersection to be built off Ferrers Road
- A dedicated competitor pit area to service the speedway
- New workshops, garages and track side support services.
The planning process for the speedway has now begun. Find out more here.