All Sydney Metro operations are controlled and monitored from the Sydney Metro Trains Facility (SMTF) in Rouse Hill, which was built as part of Sydney Metro Northwest, along with maintenance and stabling.
Have your say on Sydney Metro West
A number of planning documents to support the delivery of Sydney Metro West are currently on exhibition and the community is invited to have a say. Learn more here.
Main site features
Expansion activities on the site will include:
- Installing new rail tracks, rail systems, lifting beams and access platforms
- Building and fitting out maintenance sheds, building new access roads
- Expanding the existing maintenance building, fitting out sheds and rooms
- Installing overhead wiring and a new gantry crane
- Modifying some existing roads.
The SMTF is located west of Tallawong Station, at the corner of Tallawong Road and Schofields Road. The expansion work will take place inside the existing SMTF site.
Construction notification - SMTF Expansion Work - May
PDF | 500.69 KB
Construction notification - SMTF Expansion Work - April
PDF | 517.68 KB
Construction notification - Trains Facility Expansion - March
PDF | 515.15 KB
Notification - Trains Facility expansion - February
PDF | 537.63 KB
Notification - Trains Facility expansion - January 2020
PDF | 267.74 KB