All Sydney Metro operations are controlled and monitored from the Sydney Metro Trains Facility (SMTF) in Rouse Hill, which was built as part of Sydney Metro Northwest, along with maintenance and stabling.
Main site features
Expansion activities on the site will include:
- Installing new rail tracks, rail systems, lifting beams and access platforms
- Building and fitting out maintenance sheds, building new access roads
- Expanding the existing maintenance building, fitting out sheds and rooms
- Installing overhead wiring and a new gantry crane
- Modifying some existing roads.
About the expansion work
Planning approved was provided in January 2014 for the SMTF to be built in stages. The first stage was completed in May 2019 to align with the opening of Sydney Metro Northwest, providing capacity for 22 metro trains.
The second stage of work will involve expanding the facility to accommodate additional trains, to meet the operational and maintenance requirements of Sydney Metro City & Southwest.
The SMTF is located west of Tallawong Station, at the corner of Tallawong Road and Schofields Road. The expansion work will take place inside the existing SMTF site.
Monthly notification - SMTF Expansion Work - April 2021
PDF | 449.35 KB
SMTF Expansion Work newsletter - March 2021
PDF | 1.71 MB
Monthly notification - SMTF Expansion Work - March 2021
PDF | 449.38 KB
Monthly notification - SMTF Expansion Work - January 2021
PDF | 437.85 KB
Monthly notification - SMTF Expansion Work - December 2020
PDF | 442.28 KB