Victoria Cross Station is an underground station, about 31 metres below ground level, located in the heart of the North Sydney business district.
Main station features
A metro station at Victoria Cross supports the continued growth of the North Sydney CBD and enhances Sydney’s status as a global city.
The station provides new metro rail access to the North Sydney business, education and residential area.
The station includes:
- New bike parking
- New kiss and ride bays, and a taxi zone on McLauren Street
- Bus stops on Miller Street with easy connections to the station
- Wayfinding signage and Sydney Metro information within the North Sydney CBD
- Enhancement of pedestrian infrastructure around the station. This is being investigated further in consultation with Roads and Maritime Services and North Sydney Council.
- A planning modification was approved in October 2017 which relocates the Victoria Cross northern services building from 194-196A Miller Street to 50 McLaren Street, North Sydney. The new location will include an additional station entrance, boosting access for customers.
Access and entry
Station access and entry is via the pedestrian plaza opening to Miller, Denison and Berry streets, and via the proposed northern services building on McLaren Street.
The station is located beneath Miller Street (to the north of the Pacific Highway) between McLaren Street and south of Berry Street.
Indicative travel time (from 2024):
- 3 minutes to Barangaroo Station
- 5 minutes to Sydney Metro Martin Place Station
- 9 Minutes to Central Station.
Construction at the station is split across two sites with temporary street-level working platforms over the excavations.
Work underway includes:
- Excavating a first shaft within the south site adjacent to the station cavern. This shaft is used to provide the future station entry and vertical access. The station cavern is then excavated from this shaft
- Excavating a second shaft within the north site to the station cavern. This shaft becomes a future service facility. During construction this shaft may also be used for material delivery to the excavation below.
Construction notification - Victoria Cross Station South site - Out-of-hours hoarding installation
PDF | 370.93 KB
Notification - North Sydney - Cross passage 42 construction
PDF | 460.57 KB
Notification - North Sydney - Cross passage 41 construction
PDF | 440.87 KB
Construction Notification - North Sydney - Cross passage 43
PDF | 271.26 KB
Construction notification - North Sydney - Cross passage 44
PDF | 277.89 KB