Artist's impression of Victoria Cross Station entrance
Victoria Cross Station
Explore this page
Main station features
A metro station at Victoria Cross supports the continued growth of the North Sydney CBD and enhances Sydney’s status as a global city.
The station provides new metro rail access to the North Sydney business, education and residential area.
The station includes:
- two station entrances including a northern entrance opening to Miller and McLaren streets, and a southern entrance with pedestrian access to Miller and Denison streets
- a commercial building above the station’s southern entrance
- a station concourse and platforms beneath Miller Street
- a sustainable, high-quality commercial and retail hub in the heart of North Sydney
- enhancement of pedestrian infrastructure around the station, as well as new bike parking at the northern entrance, and new kiss and ride bays on Berry Street
- improvements to the public domain.
The station is located beneath Miller Street (to the north of the Pacific Highway) between McLaren Street and south of Berry Street.
Access and entry
Station access and entry is via the pedestrian plaza opening to Miller, Denison and Berry streets, and via the proposed northern services building on McLaren Street.
Indicative travel time (from 2024)
- 3 minutes to Barangaroo Station
- 5 minutes to Sydney Metro Martin Place Station
- 9 minutes to Central Station.
Work at the station includes:
- site establishment
- utility works including stormwater upgrades
- detailed excavation at the base of station shafts
- build north station, south station and over station development structure including formwork installation, reinforcement and concrete works
- façade installation for the north station, south station and over station development
- internal fit-out of the north station, south station and over station development
- public domain works including landscaping and footpaths.
Crows Nest Station
Blues Point temporary tunnel access site