Artist's impression of Victoria Cross Station entrance
Victoria Cross Station
Explore this page
Main station features
A metro station at Victoria Cross supports the continued growth of the North Sydney CBD and enhances Sydney’s status as a global city.
The station provides new metro rail access to the North Sydney business, education and residential area.
The station includes:
- two station entrances including a northern entrance opening to Miller and McLaren streets, and a southern entrance with pedestrian access to Miller and Denison streets
- a commercial building above the station’s southern entrance
- a station concourse and platforms beneath Miller Street
- a sustainable, high-quality commercial and retail hub in the heart of North Sydney
- enhancement of pedestrian infrastructure around the station, as well as new bike parking at the northern entrance, and new kiss and ride bays on Berry Street
- improvements to the public domain.
The station is located beneath Miller Street (to the north of the Pacific Highway) between McLaren Street and south of Berry Street.
Access and entry
Station access and entry is via the pedestrian plaza opening to Miller, Denison and Berry streets, and via the proposed northern services building on McLaren Street.
Planning and compliance
The Chatswood to Sydenham Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) covers the construction and operation of the Sydney Metro rail line from Chatswood to Sydenham.
The EIS was on public exhibition from 11 May to 27 June 2016 and received more than 300 submissions. The Minister for Planning approved the Chatswood to Sydenham EIS on 9 January 2017.
The latest information about planning modifications for Chatswood to Sydenham can be viewed on the NSW Department of Planning and Environment website.
Lendlease is delivering the Sydney Metro Victoria Cross integrated station development which includes a 40-storey (plus 2-storey rooftop plant) commercial building above the station’s southern entrance, integrating retail opportunities and enhancing North Sydney as a thriving commercial, residential and entertainment hub.
For more information see City & Southwest planning and compliance documentation or Victoria Cross Integrated Station Development (Leadlease)to find out more about our major contractors involved in the project.
If you are having difficulty locating a document, please contact the City & Southwest project at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our 24-hour community information line on 1800 171 386.
Indicative travel time (from 2024)
- 3 minutes to Barangaroo Station
- 5 minutes to Sydney Metro Martin Place Station
- 9 minutes to Central Station.
Work at the station includes:
- site establishment
- utility works including stormwater upgrades
- detailed excavation at the base of station shafts
- build north station, south station and over station development structure including formwork installation, reinforcement and concrete works
- façade installation for the north station, south station and over station development
- internal fit-out of the north station, south station and over station development
- public domain works including landscaping and footpaths.
Crows Nest Station
Blues Point temporary tunnel access site