Victoria Cross Station is an underground station, about 31 metres below ground level, located in the heart of the North Sydney business district.
Main station features
A metro station at Victoria Cross supports the continued growth of the North Sydney CBD and enhances Sydney’s status as a global city.
The station provides new metro rail access to the North Sydney business, education and residential area.
The station includes:
- New bike parking near the corner of Miller and Berry streets
- New kiss and ride bays on Berry Street
- Existing bus stops close to the station retained on Miller Street
- Wayfinding signage and Sydney Metro information within the North Sydney CBD
- A traction substation integrated into the station building (partially underground)
- Enhancement of pedestrian infrastructure around the station. This is being investigated further in consultation with Roads and Maritime Services and North Sydney Council.
- A planning modification went on exhibition in June 2017 proposing to relocate the Victoria Cross northern services building from 194-196A Miller Street to 50 McLaren Street, North Sydney. The new location would include an additional station entrance, boosting access for customers.
Access and entry
Station access and entry is via the pedestrian plaza opening to Miller, Denison and Berry streets, and via the proposed northern services building on McLaren Street.
The station is located beneath Miller Street (to the north of the Pacific Highway) between McLaren Street and south of Berry Street.
Indicative travel time (from 2024):
- 9 minutes to Central Station
- 5 minutes to Sydney Metro’s Martin Place Station.
Construction at the station is split across two sites with temporary street-level working platforms over the excavations.
Construction activities include:
- Excavating a first shaft within the south site adjacent to the station cavern. This shaft is used to provide the future station entry and vertical access. The station cavern is then excavated from this shaft
- Excavating a second shaft within the north site to the station cavern. This shaft becomes a future service facility. During construction this shaft may also be used for material delivery to the excavation below.
Construction notification - St Leonards - Cross passage 48
PDF | 283.43 KB
Newsletter - Victoria Cross Station - September 2019
PDF | 2.03 MB
Update - Victoria Cross - September-October 2019
PDF | 313.55 KB
Update - Victoria Cross - July/August 2019
PDF | 265.9 KB
Notification - Victoria Cross North - Excavation work
PDF | 217.17 KB