Artist's impression of Barangaroo Station Northern entrance
Main station features
The station improves access to the Walsh Bay Arts and Culture precinct as well as providing easy access to the development’s public, residential, commercial and entertainment areas and the new ferry hub. It services the residential areas at Millers Point, Walsh Bay and future residents of Barangaroo, providing high quality public transport access to the latest destination in Sydney.
It also improves pedestrian connections to the northern part of the Sydney CBD and The Rocks, and alleviates congestion at Wynyard and Martin Place stations.
Sydney Metro is working in consultation with Infrastructure NSW to deliver Barangaroo Station.
The station includes:
- new bike parking within the precinct
- new configuration of bus stops close to the station entry
- new kiss and ride and taxi facilities
- wayfinding signage and Sydney Metro information within the precinct
- transport and access arrangements which are being developed in consultation with Infrastructure NSW.
Station Design and Precinct Plan
A draft Station Design and Precinct Plan (SDPP) has been prepared for Barangaroo Station that shows how the new station design has developed and how it will integrate with the surrounding precinct. The draft SDPP outlines the urban, landscaping and architectural design for Barangaroo Station and shows how it will integrate with the surrounding precinct.
The station is located beneath the northern end of Hickson Road, south of Munn Street in Millers Point.
Access and entry
Access and entry are via Central Barangaroo and Barangaroo Reserve.
Indicative travel time (from 2024)
- 2 minutes to Sydney Metro Martin Place Station
- 3 minutes to North Sydney Station
- 6 minutes to Central Station.
The main construction activities at the Barangaroo Station site include:
- launching and supporting the tunnel boring machine (TBM) under Sydney Harbour to the Blues Point temporary retrieval site
- retrieving the cutter heads and shields of the two tunnel boring machines that tunnelled from the Marrickville dive site
- excavation and construction of the future Barangaroo Station
- excavation and construction of a large crossover cavern
- barging spoil.
Tunnelling and excavation activities have now been completed and work is continuing on construction of Barangaroo Station and the crossover cavern.