Barangaroo Station is about 25 metres below ground level, servicing Sydney’s newest business hub.
Main station features
The station improves access to the Walsh Bay Arts and Culture precinct as well as providing easy access to the development’s public, residential, commercial and entertainment areas and the new ferry hub. It services the residential areas at Millers Point, Walsh Bay and future residents of Barangaroo, providing high quality public transport access to the latest destination in Sydney.
It also improves pedestrian connections to the northern part of the Sydney CBD and The Rocks, and alleviates congestion at Wynyard and Martin Place Stations.
Sydney Metro is working in consultation with Infrastructure NSW to deliver Barangaroo Station.
The station includes:
- New bike parking within the precinct
- New configuration of bus stops close to the station entry
- New kiss and ride and taxi facilities
- Wayfinding signage and Sydney Metro information within the precinct
- Transport and access arrangements are being developed in consultation with Infrastructure NSW.
Access and entry
Access and entry is via Central Barangaroo and Barangaroo Reserve.
The station is located beneath the northern end of Hickson Road, south of Munn Street in Millers Point.
Indicative travel time (from 2024):
- 2 minutes to Sydney Metro Martin Place Station
- 3 minutes to North Sydney Station
- 6 minutes to Central Station.
The main construction activities at the Barangaroo Station site include:
- Launching and supporting the tunnel boring machine (TBM) under Sydney Harbour to the Blues Point temporary retrieval site
- Retrieving the cutter heads and shields of the two tunnel boring machines that tunnelled from the Marrickville dive site
- Excavation and construction of the future Barangaroo Station
- Excavation and construction of a large crossover cavern
- Barging spoil.
Tunnelling and excavation activities have now been completed and work is continuing on construction of Barangaroo Station and the crossover cavern.
Monthly update - Barangaroo Station - January 2021
PDF | 605.76 KB
Newsletter - Barangaroo Station - December 2020
PDF | 2.35 MB
Monthly update - Barangaroo Station - December 2020
PDF | 516.68 KB
Construction notification - Barangaroo Station - Out-of-hours footpath work
PDF | 450.26 KB
Monthly update - Barangaroo Station - November 2020
PDF | 516.12 KB