Barangaroo Station is about 25 metres below ground level, servicing Sydney’s newest business hub.
Main station features
The station improves access to the Walsh Bay Arts and Culture precinct as well as providing easy access to the development’s public, residential, commercial and entertainment areas and the new ferry hub. It services the residential areas at Millers Point, Walsh Bay and future residents of Barangaroo, providing high quality public transport access to the latest destination in Sydney.
It also improves pedestrian connections to the northern part of the Sydney CBD and The Rocks, and alleviates congestion at Wynyard and Martin Place Stations.
Sydney Metro is working in consultation with Barangaroo Delivery Authority to deliver Barangaroo Station.
The station includes:
- New bike parking within the precinct
- New configuration of bus stops close to the station entry
- New kiss and ride and taxi facilities
- Wayfinding signage and Sydney Metro information within the precinct
- Transport and access arrangements are being developed in consultation with Barangaroo Delivery Authority.
Access and entry
Access and entry is via Central Barangaroo and Barangaroo Reserve.
The station is located beneath the northern end of Hickson Road, south of Munn Street in Millers Point.
Indicative travel time (from 2024):
- 2 minutes to Sydney Metro Martin Place Station
- 3 minutes to North Sydney Station
- 6 minutes to Central Station.
The construction site is used for:
- Launching and supporting the tunnel boring machine (TBM) under Sydney Harbour to the Blues Point temporary retrieval site
- Retrieving the cutter heads and shields of the two tunnel boring machines that tunnel from the Marrickville dive site
- Carrying out the excavation and construction of the future Barangaroo Station
- Barging spoil.
A separation plant is being used to remove excavated spoil from the slurry material. The slurry material is then reused at the cutting face. The separation plant is only required when the TBM is operating in a ‘slurry mode’ through sediment under Sydney Harbour.
Monthly update - Barangaroo Station - December 2019
PDF | 280.47 KB
Construction notification - Barangaroo - Hickson Road temporary closure
PDF | 256.42 KB
Monthly update - Barangaroo Station - November 2019
PDF | 392.16 KB
Tunnelling notification - Barangaroo
PDF | 427.46 KB
Construction notification - Barangaroo - Tower crane installation
PDF | 382.92 KB