Artist's impression of Sydenham Station platform
About Sydenham Station
Customers at Sydenham Station will have a new air-conditioned metro train every four minutes in the peak – that’s 15 trains an hour. Sydenham Station is currently serviced by eight trains an hour in the morning peak.
The station will be fully upgraded with lifts and level access between the platforms and trains Sydenham Station platforms 1 and 2 will be upgraded to Sydney Metro standards, including the installation of platform screen doors.
Existing platforms 3, 4, 5 and 6 will continue to be used by trains operating on the Sydney Trains network.
Main station features
The station includes:
- new pedestrian plazas on Burrows Road and Railway Parade
- platforms 1 and 2 converted to Sydney Metro standards including platform screen doors and new canopies
- a new aerial concourse over the existing platforms with lifts and stairs to each platform
- new station buildings at the new Railway Parade concourse
- a new services and equipment building, located within the rail corridor, north-east of the new concourse on Railway Parade
- fully accessible bus stops on Railway Parade and Burrows Avenue
- new pedestrian crossings on Georges Street, Burrows Avenue and Railway and Lower Railway Parades
- new signage and wayfinding
- new taxi and kiss-and-ride bays on Burrows Avenue
- bike parking on Railway Parade and Burrows Avenue
- new crossover facilities for metro trains, north and south of the station.
The station is bounded by Gleeson Avenue, Burrows Road and Railway Parade, Sydenham.
Access and entry
This will be via:
- new entrances at Burrows Road and Railway Parade
- existing entrance at Gleeson Avenue.
|Sydenham to:||Now (minutes)||Sydney Metro (minutes)||Savings (minutes)|
|Central||Up to 10||7||Up to 3|
|Pitt Street (new CBD station)||Up to 21*||9||Up to 12|
|Barangaroo (new CBD station)||Up to 40*||13||Up to 27|
|Victoria Cross (North Sydney)||Up to 26*||16||Up to 10|
|Chatswood||Up to 39*||22||Up to 17|
|Macquarie University||Up to 53*||33||Up to 20|
* Includes time to interchange and/or walk
Sydenham to Bankstown substations