Crows Nest Station is an underground station, about 25 metres below ground level, located in the Crows Nest residential area.
Main station features
The station provides new metro rail access to the Crows Nest residential area and serves people within walking and cycling distance. It improves travel to local schools, businesses and Crows Nest village. The station creates a new transport focus on the southern side of the St Leonards specialised centre which supports the St Leonards southern gateway to commercial and mixed-use activities.
The station includes:
- A pedestrian crossing with traffic lights at the Pacific Highway/Oxley Street intersection
- Pedestrian crossings on Clarke, Hume and Oxley streets
- Bike parking at both station entries
- On-road marked cycle links on Hume and Oxley streets
- Kiss and ride and taxi bays on Clarke Street
- Existing bus stops close to the station retained on the Pacific Highway
- Wayfinding signage and Sydney Metro information.
Access and entry
Access and entry is via the corner of Clarke Street and Hume Street, and the corner of Pacific Highway and Oxley Street.
The station is located on the western fringe of the Crows Nest village, between the Pacific Highway and Clarke Lane (eastern side of the Pacific Highway) and Oxley Street, south of Hume Street.
Indicative travel time (from 2024):
- 11 minutes to Central Station
- 7 minutes to Sydney Metro’s Martin Place Station.
Construction activities are based on the Crows Nest construction site functioning as two separate construction zones split by Hume Street. The station excavation covers the majority of the site, with a temporary street-level working platform.
Construction at the station involves:
- Supporting road header usage
- Removing spoil.
Newsletter - Crows Nest - Start of construction
PDF | 1.71 MB
Construction Notification - Crows Nest - Early Works
PDF | 384.32 KB
Construction Notification - Road and Footpath Inspections - Crows Nest
PDF | 188.81 KB