Crows Nest Station is an underground station, about 25 metres below ground level, located in the Crows Nest residential area.
Main station features
The station provides new metro rail access to the Crows Nest residential area and serves people within walking and cycling distance. It improves travel to local schools, businesses and Crows Nest village. The station creates a new transport focus on the southern side of the St Leonards specialised centre which supports the St Leonards southern gateway to commercial and mixed-use activities.
The station includes:
- two station entrances with one located on Pacific Highway between Oxley Street and Hume Street and one located on Clarke Street near the corner of Hume Street
- retail space next to the station entry at site C, and retail opportunities in the Pacific Highway side of sites A and B
- public domain works including footpaths, street tree planting, lighting and street furniture
- new pedestrian lights to cross the Pacific Highway on the northern side of Oxley Street intersection
- new pedestrian crossings on Clarke and Hume Streets
- new bike parking on Hume Street, Pacific Highway, Clarke Street and Oxley Street
- new kiss and ride and taxi bays in close proximity to the station
- installation of wayfinding signage and Sydney Metro information
- Hume Street bi-directional separated cycle link from Clarke Street to Nicholson Street
- upgraded Hume Street intersection with cycle crossing and increased pedestrian capacity
- improved pedestrian crossings at intersections of Oxley Street, Pacific Highway, Hume Street and Clarke Street.
Station Design and Precinct Plan
A draft Crows Nest Station Design and Precinct Plan (SDPP) has been prepared that shows how the design of the station itself and the surrounding precinct has developed. The draft SDPP outlines the urban, landscaping and architectural design for Crows Nest Station and shows how it will integrate with the surrounding precinct.
The draft SDPP is now available here to view.
Access and entry
Access and entry is via the corner of Clarke Street and Hume Street, and the corner of Pacific Highway and Oxley Street.
The station is located on the western fringe of the Crows Nest village, between the Pacific Highway and Clarke Lane (eastern side of the Pacific Highway) and Oxley Street.
Indicative travel time (from 2024):
- 4 minutes to Chatswood Station
- 5 minutes to Barangaroo Station
- 7 minutes to Sydney Metro Martin Place Station.
Construction activities are based on the Crows Nest construction site functioning as two separate construction zones split by Hume Street. The station excavation covers the majority of the site, with a temporary street-level working platform.
Work underway involves:
- Supporting road header usage
- Removing excavated material.
Notification - Crows Nest Station - Revised out of hours work - June 2021
PDF | 160.29 KB
Notification - Crows Nest Station - Out of hours work - June 2021
PDF | 143.14 KB
Fact Sheet - Crows Nest - Noise and Vibration
PDF | 713.72 KB
Monthly notification - Crows Nest Station - June 2021
PDF | 315.45 KB
Monthly notification - Crows Nest Station - May 2021
PDF | 515.78 KB