Text version of train features infographic
- Customer service assistants at every station and moving through the network during the day and night.
- 17 metre long platforms. Longer that most of Sydney.
- Heating and air conditioning.
- Three double doors per carriage for faster loading and unloading.
- Level access between platform and train.
- Inside you can see from one end of the train to the other.
- Platform screen doors keep people and objects away from the edge and allow trains to get in and out faster.
- Two multi-purpose areas per train for prams, luggage and bicycles.
- Wheelchair spaces, separate priority seating and emergency intercoms.
- Real time travel information and live electronic route maps.
Sydney Metro is Australia's first fully-automated metro rail network. Around the world, millions of people use these networks every day in cities like Paris, Singapore, Dubai and Hong Kong.
- Constant monitoring: expert train controllers monitor entire metro system.
- Operations Control Centre: state-of-the-art network controlled from a new high-tech facility at Tallawong Road.
- Security: More than 230 tunnel cameras.
- Faster journeys: System minimises the time trains are stopped at stations and the time between each train.
- Signalling and communications systems: controls the trains, tunnels, platforms and skytrain to deliver a safe and reliable journey.