Major contract awarded on Sydney Metro – Western Sydney Airport project
A $538.5 million construction contract has been awarded on the Sydney Metro – Western Sydney Airport project.
CPB Contractors and United Infrastructure will deliver about 10.4 kilometres of surface and civil alignment works. The contract includes:
- 3.5 kilometres of elevated viaduct at Orchard Hills and Luddenham
- 6.7 kilometres of earthworks for track formation
- A 190 metre long rail bridge over the new M12 motorway
- A 20 metre long rail bridge within the airport
- Temporary and permanent access roads
- Bulk earthworks for the stabling and maintenance facility site.
At least 20 per cent of the contract workforce will be from Greater Western Sydney.
The third and final major contract package to be procured for the project is expected to be awarded at the end of this year.
The Sydney Metro – Western Sydney Airport project will support 14,000 jobs and is jointly funded by the Australian and NSW governments.
Victoria Cross Station: update
Second Sydney Metro West tunnelling contract awarded