Groups shortlisted for two major Sydney Metro contracts
Six tenderers have been shortlisted to bid for two major contracts for Sydney Metro – Australia’s biggest public transport project.
Three groups have been shortlisted for the tender to build Victoria Cross Station in North Sydney and the building above the station – the first integrated station package to be shortlisted.
The three groups shortlisted to build Victoria Cross integrated station are:
· Lendlease Development Pty Limited;
· John Holland Charter Hall Joint Venture;
· Dexus Funds Management Limited.
Three groups have also been shortlisted for the Metro line-wide works which includes laying tracks in the 15.5km tunnels from Chatswood to Sydenham, installing electrical systems including substations, constructing Sydney Metro Trains Facility South and converting the existing Bankstown Line to allow metro trains to run.
The three groups shortlisted for the Metro line-wide works are:
· LORJH JV (a joint venture between Laing O'Rourke Australia Construction Pty Ltd and John Holland Pty Ltd);
· Metconnect (a joint venture between Downer EDI Engineering Power Pty Ltd and RCR O’Donnell Griffin Pty Ltd);
· Systems Connect (a joint venture between UGL Engineering Pty Ltd and CPB Contractors Pty Ltd)
The NSW Government expects to award both contracts later this year.
Sydney Metro services start in the first half of 2019 on the Sydney Metro Northwest project, with metro rail to be extended in 2024 under Sydney Harbour, through the CBD and beyond to Bankstown.
Further Sydney Metro West stations revealed
$955 Million Central Walk, Sydney Metro contract awarded