Waterloo Station is an underground station, about 25 metres below ground level, in the heart of the Waterloo precinct.
Main station features
The new metro station at Waterloo will revitalise the Waterloo precinct, and support the extension of the CBD.
The new station will take pressure off Redfern and Green Square stations, and provide a new fast, safe and reliable metro rail link to key employment areas in the Sydney central business district, North Sydney and Barangaroo.
It will contribute to the NSW Government’s objective to transform Waterloo and Redfern and will provide additional connectivity to the Australian Technology Park.
With high quality bus services along Botany Road, it will allow for further development and expansion of the Global Economic Corridor between Sydney CBD and Green Square.
The station includes:
- New pedestrian crossings on Raglan and Cope streets
- New taxi bays on Raglan Street
- New bike parking within the precinct
- New kiss and ride bays on Cope Street
- Existing bus stops retained northbound along Botany Road
- Relocation of the bus stop southbound on Botany Road closer to Raglan Street
- Relocation of the bus stop on Cope Street to Wellington Street
- Enhancement of pedestrian infrastructure around the Metro Quarter including footpath widenings and through-site links.
Access and entry
Station access and entry is via Corner of Raglan and Cope streets and from the public plaza off Cope Street.
The Metro Quarter is bounded by Botany Road, Cope Street, Raglan Street and Wellington Street in Waterloo.
Indicative travel time (from 2024):
- 2 minutes to Central Station
- 6 minutes to Sydney Metro’s Martin Place Station
- 8 minutes to Barangaroo Station.
Construction activities include:
- Removing spoil
- Excavating the station
- Constructing the station.
Notification - Tunnelling - Monitoring device installation - Waterloo
PDF | 256.7 KB
Construction notification - Waterloo Station - extended work hours
PDF | 533.81 KB
Newsletter - Waterloo Station - January 2019
PDF | 3.2 MB
Monthly update - Waterloo Station - February 2019
PDF | 234.44 KB
Notification - Out-of hours Utility Investigation - OSD Waterloo
PDF | 950.18 KB