Waterloo Station is an underground station, about 25 metres below ground level, in the heart of the Waterloo precinct.
Main station features
The new metro station at Waterloo will revitalise the Waterloo precinct, and support the extension of the CBD.
The new station will take pressure off Redfern and Green Square stations, and provide a new fast, safe and reliable metro rail link to key employment areas in the Sydney central business district, North Sydney and Barangaroo.
It will contribute to the NSW Government’s objective to transform Waterloo and Redfern and will provide additional connectivity to the Australian Technology Park.
With high quality bus services along Botany Road, it will allow for further development and expansion of the Global Economic Corridor between Sydney CBD and Green Square.
The station includes:
- New pedestrian crossings on Raglan, Wellington and Cope streets
- New bike parking within the precinct
- New taxi and kiss and ride bays on Cope Street
- Existing bus stops retained northbound along Botany Road
- Relocation of the bus stop southbound on Botany Road closer to Raglan Street
- Relocation of the bus stops on Cope and Wellington streets to Raglan Street
- Enhancement of pedestrian infrastructure around the Waterloo Metro Quarter including footpath widenings and through-site links.
Access and entry
Station access and entry is via Corner of Raglan and Cope streets and from the public plaza off Cope Street.
The Waterloo Metro Quarter is bounded by Botany Road, Cope Street, Raglan Street and Wellington Street in Waterloo.
Indicative travel time (from 2024):
- 2 minutes to Central Station
- 6 minutes to Sydney Metro’s Martin Place Station
- 8 minutes to Barangaroo Station.
Construction activities include:
- Removing spoil
- Excavating the station
- Constructing the station.
Monthly update - Waterloo Station - October 2020
PDF | 139.5 KB
Construction notification - Waterloo Station - September 2020
PDF | 784.1 KB
Community notification - Waterloo ISD - Out of hours shed deliveries
PDF | 373.47 KB
Construction notification - Waterloo Station - August 2020
PDF | 663.82 KB
Newsletter - Waterloo Station - July 2020
PDF | 5.99 MB