About Sydenham Station
Customers at Sydenham Station will have a new air-conditioned metro train every four minutes in the peak – that’s 15 trains an hour. Sydenham Station is currently serviced by 8 trains an hour in the morning peak.
The station will be fully upgraded with lifts and level access between the platforms and trains Sydenham Station platforms 1 and 2 will be upgraded to Sydney Metro standards, including the installation of platform screen doors.
Existing platforms 3, 4, 5 and 6 will continue to be used by trains operating on the Sydney Trains network.
Main station features
The station includes:
- New pedestrian plazas on Burrows Road and Railway Parade
- Platforms 1 and 2 converted to Sydney Metro standards including platform screen doors and new canopies
- A new aerial concourse over the existing platforms with lifts and stairs to each platform
- New station buildings at the new Railway Parade concourse
- A new services and equipment building, located within the rail corridor, north-east of the new concourse on Railway Parade
- Fully accessible bus stops on Railway Parade and Burrows Avenue
- New pedestrian crossings on Georges Street, Burrows Avenue and Railway and Lower Railway Parades
- New signage and wayfinding
- New taxi and kiss-and-ride bays on Burrows Avenue
- Bike parking on Railway Parade and Burrows Avenue
- New crossover facilities for metro trains, north and south of the station.
Access and entry
- New entrances at Burrows Road and Railway Parade
- Existing entrance at Gleeson Avenue
The station is bounded by Gleeson Avenue, Burrows Road and Railway Parade, Sydenham
|Sydenham to:||Now (minutes)||Sydney Metro (minutes)||Savings (minutes)|
|Central||Up to 10||7||Up to 3|
|Pitt Street (new CBD station)||Up to 21*||9||Up to 12|
|Barangaroo (new CBD station)||Up to 40*||13||Up to 27|
|Victoria Cross (North Sydney)||Up to 26*||16||Up to 10|
|Chatswood||Up to 39*||22||Up to 17|
|Macquarie University||Up to 53*||33||Up to 20|
* Includes time to interchange and/or walk