About Sydenham to Bankstown
The T3 Bankstown Line is being upgraded and converted to metro between Sydenham and Bankstown with all stations to be fully accessible with lifts and level access between platforms and trains.
The EIS was on public exhibition from 13 September to 8 November 2017. Sydney Metro will collate the responses received and release a Submissions and Preferred Infrastructure Report in early 2018.
- An air-conditioned metro train every four minutes in the peak
- Fully accessible stations including lifts
- Improved CCTV surveillance, platform screen doors, platforms level with train floors, minimal gaps between platforms and trains
- New or upgraded concourses and new station entries
- Improved station interchange facilities
- All trains stopping at all local stations – no waiting for the right train
- Less time spent waiting due to higher frequency services
- Safe and efficient connections during the peak and non-peak periods between key centres along the T3 Bankstown Line
- Reduced travel times to key employment and education precincts
- New, direct and fast services to Martin Place, Barangaroo, North Sydney, Chatswood and Macquarie Park
- Interchanges to other rail services at Sydenham, Central and Martin Place.
Room for 100,000 extra customers across Sydney
Sydney Metro, together with signalling and infrastructure upgrades across the existing network, will increase the capacity of train services across Sydney from about 120 an hour today, to up to 200 services an hour beyond 2024.
After the conversion, metro trains from Bankstown will run at least every four minutes in the peak, or 15 trains an hour.
The metro network will be fully segregated from the existing Sydney Trains network between Sydenham and Bankstown, improving the reliability of services on the line. Interchange between Sydney Metro and Sydney Trains at both locations will be provided, with improvements to station way-finding and signage.
Construction Notification - Sydenham to Bankstown - Utilities Investigations
PDF | 240.87 KB
Construction Notification - Sydenham to Bankstown - Utility investigations
PDF | 713.35 KB
Newsletter - Sydenham to Bankstown
PDF | 981.04 KB
Construction Notification - Sydenham to Bankstown - Geotech update Sydney Park Road, Erskineville
PDF | 148.96 KB
Construction Notification - St Peters - Service location works
PDF | 373.59 KB