About the substation
A planning modification went on exhibition in June 2017 proposing to relocate the Artarmon substation to 98-104 Reserve Road, Artarmon, within the Artarmon Industrial Area.
The Artarmon substation will supply traction power to the metro trains. The site will include an above-ground building for the substation and electrical equipment, and a shaft for the cables and maintenance access to the tunnels below.
Main site features
Construction of the Artarmon substation will involve:
- Removing existing buildings
- Excavating a vertical shaft to the tunnels below. This is likely to be carried out using a large diameter piling rig or raise bore. Drill and blast or penetrating cone fracture techniques may also be used
- Lining and reinforcing the shaft
- Building above-ground components
- Installing electrical equipment.
The substation is located above the tunnels on land near the edge of the Gore Hill Freeway.
Notification - Artarmon - Out-of-hours sewer disconnection
PDF | 484.2 KB
Notification - Artarmon substation - Upcoming work
PDF | 480.57 KB
Quarterly newsletter - Artarmon sub station - July 2018
PDF | 2.59 MB
C&SW Fact Sheet – Artarmon Substation
PDF | 320.06 KB