About the substation
A planning modification went on exhibition in June 2017 proposing to relocate the Artarmon substation to 98-104 Reserve Road, Artarmon, within the Artarmon Industrial Area.
The Artarmon substation will supply traction power to the metro trains. The site will include an above-ground building for the substation and electrical equipment, and a shaft for the cables and maintenance access to the tunnels below.
Main site features
Construction of the Artarmon substation will involve:
- Removing existing buildings
- Excavating a vertical shaft to the tunnels below. This is likely to be carried out using a large diameter piling rig or raise bore. Drill and blast or penetrating cone fracture techniques may also be used
- Lining and reinforcing the shaft
- Building above-ground components
- Installing electrical equipment
The substation is located above the tunnels on land near the edge of the Gore Hill Freeway.
Construction Notification - Artarmon Substation - Out of hours works
PDF | 293.85 KB
Construction Notification - Artarmon - Fencing and cable installation works
PDF | 372.15 KB
Construction Notification - Artarmon - Survey works
PDF | 204.34 KB
Construction Notification - Cable Relocation Works - Artarmon
PDF | 1.22 MB
Construction Notification - Service Location Works - Artarmon
PDF | 397.6 KB