About the substation
A planning modification went on exhibition in June 2017 proposing to relocate the Artarmon substation to 98-104 Reserve Road, Artarmon, within the Artarmon Industrial Area.
The Artarmon substation will supply traction power to the metro trains. The site will include an above-ground building for the substation and electrical equipment, and a shaft for the cables and maintenance access to the tunnels below.
Main site features
Construction of the Artarmon substation will involve:
- Removing existing buildings
- Excavating a vertical shaft to the tunnels below. This is likely to be carried out using a large diameter piling rig or raise bore. Drill and blast or penetrating cone fracture techniques may also be used
- Lining and reinforcing the shaft
- Building above-ground components
- Installing electrical equipment
The substation is located above the tunnels on land near the edge of the Gore Hill Freeway.
Notification - Artarmon substation - Upcoming work
PDF | 480.57 KB
Notification - Artarmon substation - Shaft excavation
PDF | 473.34 KB
Quarterly newsletter - Artarmon sub station - July 2018
PDF | 2.59 MB
Construction notification - Artarmon and St Leonards - Out-of-hours work
PDF | 46.65 KB
Construction notification - Artarmon - Road condition testing
PDF | 410.28 KB