There are a total of 16 construction sites for Sydney Metro Northwest.
Program of work
Depending on the site and stage of the project, any single construction site may have multiple functions over the life of the project. For example, a construction site can be used to excavate the future area for a station and later for the launch of a tunnel boring machine.
There are 16 work sites. From these 16 work sites, there were three overarching core work zones:
- Epping to Bella Vista Station: tunnel work (now complete)
- Bella Vista Station to Rouse Hill Station: embankment and skytrain
- Rouse Hill Station to Tallawong Road: surface or bridge and viaduct structures, Metro Trains Facility.
Construction in tunnels
- Installation of the track slab
- Installation of the railway tracks
- Ventilation systems
- Installing cable and equipment including signalling, communications and electricity
- Installing overhead wiring
- Installing other equipment such as lighting, drainage and safety systems including emergency walkways and fire hydrant systems.
Construction above ground
Construction works on the Sydney Metro Trains Facility and stations is well underway. With tunnelling complete, construction activity is now focused on station construction and fit out, station precinct works and delivering Sydney's new metro train.
Construction activities include:
- Ongoing construction of the skytrain
- Construction work on the stations and precincts
- Construction of service facilities
- Road and footpath upgrade works
- Construction of new road and pedestrian bridges
- Installation of rail track within the Sydney Metro Trains Facility
- Installation of high voltage power supply.