Metro Minds professional development workshop for teachers
Are you a Design and Technology teacher looking for new ways to engage and motivate your Year 7–10 students in 2022?
Are you a Science, Arts or Humanities teacher looking to collaborate with colleagues across learning areas?
The Metro Minds Teacher Professional Development Workshop will be hosted in Term 1 in 2022.
The session includes:
- running a cross-curricular design project for Stages 4 and 5 students;
- the scaffolding, strategies and tools to run a design or problem-based project, either within a single learning area or across learning areas
- engaging and equipping students to apply and practise their subject area skills and knowledge in a real-world situation through a design thinking process.
Once trained in design thinking, students can apply this valuable life skill in a range of domains and contexts. The workshop also outlines how to use teaching resources as part of the Metro Minds STEAM Challenge 2022. This is a free professional development workshop for Stage 4/5 teachers within 10 kilometres of Sydney Metro’s City & Southwest, West and Western Sydney Airport alignments.
A certificate of completion identifying the APSTs covered in this course will be issued to participants. This can be used as evidence of professional learning hours undertaken and contribute to maintenance of accreditation.
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- The teacher selects and uses relevant teaching strategies to develop knowledge, skills, problem-solving, and critical and creative thinking in students.
- The teacher organises content into coherent, well-sequenced learning and teaching programs.
To register your interest, email us at email@example.com