Sydney Metro City & Southwest undertook early consultation along the project corridor in June 2015. The aim was to collect stakeholder and community feedback on the project with a focus on preferred station locations, tunnel versus track work and information about the rail line route.
Meetings were held with key stakeholders – including local government, New South Wales and Australian Government departments, peak bodies and industry associations. About 800 people attended eight community information sessions, 10,000 people participated in online feedback forums and the project team received more than 1500 submissions.
Early input from the community, business and key stakeholders assisted the Sydney Metro City & Southwest team to refine and determine the preferred station locations between Chatswood and Sydenham, including a new station at Crows Nest and Barangaroo.
Working with the community
Place Managers have been appointed along the project corridor and play a vital role in maintaining close and ongoing contact with local communities and stakeholders during the design and delivery of Sydney Metro. Their role is to be a direct point of contact between affected members of the community and the project team.
Get in touch
Transport for NSW is committed to delivering a world-class metro system for Sydney.
The Chatswood to Sydenham section of the Sydney Metro City & Southwest project received planning approval in January 2017.
Since then, Transport for NSW has been working to refine the project to maximise the benefits for customers and the community. These modifications represent better outcomes for the community, with the changes providing improved social and environmental solutions.
Planning modifications will be lodged with the NSW Department of Planning and Environment for assessment for the following changes to the project:
- Victoria Cross services building and new station entrance: following further investigation works, a new location for the services building will reduce the impact on local stakeholders and provide a larger, more connected station
- Artarmon substation: as a result of community feedback, a new location within the Artarmon Industrial Area will reduce the impact on the local community
- Central Walk: a new underground concourse to provide better connections to Sydney Metro platforms, light rail and throughout Central Station following consultation with the community.
Where to view the modifications
Victoria Cross and Artarmon modifications will be on public display from 7 June – 5 July 2017.
Central Walk modification will be on public display from Wednesday 21 June 2017 to Wednesday 2 August 2017.
You can also view the Victoria Cross and Artarmon documents at:
- Customer Service Centre: Level 4, 31 Victor Street, Chatswood
- Chatswood Library on The Concourse: 409 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood
- Artarmon Library: 139 Artarmon Road, Artarmon
North Sydney Council
- Customer Service Centre: 200 Miller Street, North Sydney
- Stanton Library: 234 Miller Street, North Sydney
Lane Cove Council
- Customer Service Centre: 48 Longueville Road, Lane Cove
You can view the Central Walk modification documents at:
- City of Sydney Council Chambers: Town Hall House, Level 2, 456 Kent Street, Sydney
- State Library: Macquarie Street, Sydney
- Haymarket Library:744 George Street, Sydney
- Waterloo Library: Waterloo Town Hall,770 Elizabeth Street, Waterloo
Community information sessions
To find out more, come along to a community information session where displays and information about the modification will be available.
You'll also be able to meet expert members of the Project team who will be there to answer any questions you may have.
Victoria Cross services building and new station entrance
Saturday 17 June, 10.00am-1:30pm, Fred Hutley Hall, 200 Miller Street, North Sydney
Tuesday 20 June, 3:00pm-7:00pm, Fred Hutley Hall, 200 Miller Street, North Sydney
Thursday 22 June, 4pm-7:00pm at the Freeway Hotel, 115 Reserve Road Artarmon
Wednesday 28 June, 4pm-7pm, Rendezvous Hotel, cnr of George and Quay Streets, Sydney
Saturday 1 July, 10am-1pm, Rendezvous Hotel, cnr of George and Quay Streets, Sydney
Have your Say
There are two ways you can submit your feedback:
- Online: www.majorprojects.planning.nsw.gov.au/page/on-exhibition
- Mail: Planning Services, Department of Planning and Environment, GPO Box 39, Sydney NSW 2001 (Your submission should be marked, Attention: Director – Transport Assessments)
Our forums are currently closed.