In the heart of the North West Growth Centre, the new Cudgegong Road Station will become the transport hub for booming residential growth at The Ponds, Rouse Hill and surrounding areas.
It is an open cut station – that is, open to the sky, but about six metres below street level. A canopy will cover part of the platform for shade.
Access and entry
Station access and entry is via a new access road on the northern side of the station, between Cudgegong Road and Tallawong Road. The station entrance and concourse is located at street level on the northern side, establishing a public forecourt for a future village centre.
There will be a strong emphasis on pedestrian access at the station and a dedicated pedestrian bridge across the rail line will provide direct connections to the local shops and commercial activities.
- Two new internal access roads between Tallawong Road and Cudgegong Road, providing access to the station and car park areas
- Construction of a road overbridge midway between Tallawong Road and Cudgegong Road linking the access roads
- New traffic lights off Cudgegong Road and Tallawong Road
- Pedestrian bridge across the rail line
- Weather protected kiss-and-ride, bus and taxi areas
- Access for emergency, delivery and maintenance vehicles.
The station is located parallel to Schofields Road between Cudgegong Road and Tallawong Road. Cudgegong Road Station is 48 kilometres north west of Sydney central business district (CBD).
Indicative travel time
- 57 minutes (including interchange) to Wynyard Station
- 48 minutes to Sydney Metro’s Martin Place Station (from 2024).
Cudgegong Road Station platform
Cudgegong Road Station concourse
Area: 590,000 square metres (M2).
Construction activities include:
- Spoil removal
- Station construction
- General civil works
- Station construction and fit-out
- Station precinct works
- Systems fit-out
- Testing and commissioning.
Construction of Cudgegong Station started in late 2015.
Community Notification - SMTF and Cudgegong Road oversized deliveries and removals
PDF | 590.62 KB
Community Notification - traffic changes at Cudgegong Road and SMTF
PDF | 316.33 KB
Community Notification - SMTF and Cudgegong Road construction update
PDF | 336.63 KB
Community Notification - Construction update for Sydney Metro Trains Facility and Cudgegong Road Station site November to December
PDF | 357.89 KB
Community Notification - Cudgegong Road station and Sydney Metro Trains Facility update
PDF | 383.03 KB