About the construction site
The Cheltenham Services Facility will be used for fresh air tunnel ventilation and an emergency access facility.
Area: 9,750 square metres (m2 ) . Construction activities include:
- Tunnel systems fit-out
- Testing and commissioning
- Services facility construction.
Main site features
Proposed work at the site includes:
- Excavation of shafts to the two tunnels below
- Removal of about 12,000 cubic metres (m3) of crushed rock (spoil) from the shaft excavation
- Fitting out tunnel systems
- Testing and commissioning.
Access to the Cheltenham Services Facility construction zone will be from:
- Kirkham Street (left in, right out)
- Castle Howard Road (light vehicles only)
Community Notification - Cheltenham Services Facility oversized deliveries and removals
PDF | 398.86 KB
Community notification - construction update Cheltenham Services Facility
PDF | 212.05 KB
Community Notification - Cheltenham site establishment
PDF | 211.56 KB
Community Notification - Cheltenham newsletter January 2016
PDF | 2.05 MB